We provide a free and independent support service for anyone living in Cheshire, Stockport or Halton wishing to apply for an EHC plan or having an annual review of their EHC plan. Please call!
The Education, Health and Care Plan Independent Support role has been developed to support and enable young people and families with children who have special educational needs and/or disability to improve educational, health and social outcomes.
This project has been developed in response to the introduction of the new Children and Families Act March 2014. If you are considering requesting an EHC Plan for a child, or will be converting from a Statement of Educational Needs to an EHC Plan then an Independent Supporter can help. We provide free, impartial support to parents, carers and young people living in Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Halton and Stockport.
The nature of support will be tailored to meet individual needs and can include:
- Support during the assessment and planning of a new EHC plan
- Support with the conversion of a Statement of SEN to an EHC plan
- Support with an Annual Review of an EHC plan
- Assistance with completing the new documentation, ensuring your views, needs and wishes are included
- Attend meetings with you
- Information on The Local Offer and Personal Budgets
- Providing information and signposting
We will accept self-referrals or referrals from education, health or social care agencies or voluntary/faith sectors.
Contact us to find out more and see how we can support you.